A Fun Group
Who are those smiling faces greeting you at the Charles R. Wood Theater? They are members of the theater’s loyal volunteer staff, 100 strong and growing! Our volunteers usher at performances, work in the box office, sell concessions, provide administrative support, assist with special events… and have fun!
WHO ARE THE WOOD VOLUNTEERS?
Our group draws individuals of all ages and backgrounds, from towns all over Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties. Among our Wood volunteers are married couples, siblings, parents, grandparents, great grandparents, students, retirees, longtime supporters of theatre, actors, actresses, directors, musicians… you name it!
When you attend a Wood event, the volunteer who greets you might be your neighbor, a co-worker, a former teacher, your Zumba buddy, a cast member from a recent show you saw or a voice you recognize from the radio. Above all, our Wood volunteers all share a common desire to make each and every guest feel welcome and comfortable. All levels of time commitment are valued and we’d love to have you join us!
Please email email@example.com.
For each and every event, our goal is to provide a warm welcome to all our patrons, doing everything we can to make the Wood experience a great one!
- House Managers organize the house staff, communicate with production company representatives and troubleshoot
any issues that may arise
- Ushers scan tickets, hand out programs, assist patrons with locating their seats, and assist in the concession stand
- House staff will also distribute hearing devices and provide instructions on their use
BOX OFFICE SUPPORT
The Wood Box Office is a busy place every day of the week and Wood volunteers are there to assist!
- Distribute will call tickets starting an hour before showtime
- Utilize the box office computer software to support Wood staff with selling tickets over the phone and at the box office window
The Wood Theater is an incredibly vibrant and busy place, not just at showtime!
- Assist with mailings throughout the year
- Support special events such as holiday parties, the Wood Gala, cleanup and organizational projects
- Be available to the Wood staff to help out whenever and wherever we can